2017 Annual WPRA Groundhog Job Shadow Day
What Is The WPRA Groundhog Job Shadow Day?
The WPRA Job Shadow Day initiative seeks to engage university students to shadow professionals in Aquatics, Parks, Natural Resources, Recreation or Therapeutic Recreation for a day at their place of business—and learn the connection between academics and careers.
Student Tip Sheet
Please follow these guidelines:
- Contact a professional on the attached list where you would like to visit
- The professional will mail each student a confirmation letter with a detailed map
- The professional will mail the student a tentative agenda of what the student should expect on this day
- The professional will explain in her/his letter, or by phone, what will take place for lunch/dinner, as well as what the appropriate clothing would be, especially if your involvement includes outdoor activities.
- Professionals will inform the student what potential internship/employment opportunities may exist in their agency
- Be sure to contact the professional if there is a need to reschedule your site visit.
- Following the site visit, be sure to send a follow-up thank you letter to the professional(s) that you visited with
Please forward a copy of your letter to email@example.com as we would like to include a master listing of all those students who have participated, as well as to send you a follow-up evaluation regarding your site visit