Cottage Grove, WI
The Recreation Supervisor position will assist the Parks, Recreation & Forestry Director with planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating various youth, teen, and adult recreation programs which may include sports, activities, trips and special events. This position will also assist with program logistics to include facility availability, preparations, supplies and instructor orientation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with recruiting, reviewing applications and selecting staff. Assists with scheduling, supervising and evaluating the work of seasonal employees and volunteers for recreation programs.
- Serve as public contact person for the department.
- Assists with evaluating programs through regular personal observation, employee and participant comments, and by conducting e-surveys.
- Maintains systematic, complete and accurate records of recreational activities, services, participation and personnel in accordance with established department needs and procedures.
- Assists with the preparation of department program brochures, not limited to but including quarterly program announcements, individual program fliers, weekly newspaper announcements, Facebook, and the village website.
- Maintains friendly and cooperative relationship with all Village and School District departments and employees, Village officials, civic groups, other related recreational organizations, the general public and news media.
- Assists with enrichment programs, special events and trips.
- Identify and execute logistical functions for recreation programs including monitoring and reporting participation levels, identify and obtain supplies, performing necessary communications between instructors, participants, and greater community, onsite evaluation of instructors, program wrap up and participant evaluation.
- Work with the director to strengthen teen programming opportunities. Under the direction of the director, work as primary staff person to organize and promote teen programs.
- Work as primary staff person to organize sports leagues, coaches, teams, coaches’ meetings, and player clinics.
- Identify and schedule various facilities for programming needs.
- Assist in continually trying new, creative forms of program advertising to help programs reach maximum participation levels.
- Coordinate and be the primary staff contact for assigned special projects.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works varying hours to meet the needs of the programs and Department due to programs and special events being conducted outside of normal office hours.
A full job description can be found at http://www.village.cottage-grove.wi.us/jobs.aspx
QualificationsREQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
Bachelor’s Degree in recreation management, leisure services and/or public administration or related field, or 2-4 years of equivalent experience and additional training which may include the combination of the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- Skills and ability to promote, implement and supervise recreation programs such as sports leagues, enrichment programs, field trips, and special events.
- Considerable knowledge of computer applications, including but not limited to Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, Publisher, and ActiveNet Rec Software. Experience in establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with associates, subordinates, program participants, and the public.
- Experience in supervising seasonal and part-time employees, including monitoring work activities, providing training, and evaluating performance.
- Experience in being creative, work independently and within a team atmosphere.
- Experience in communicating both verbally and in writing to promote recreation programs to the community and assist in preparing department brochures.
- Ability to obtain a valid driver’s license from the State of Wisconsin within 90 days
$42,000 - $48,000
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, 5 professional/work related references and a salary history. Applications will be reviewed beginning January 8, 2018. The position is open until filled. Please send application materials to:
Sean Brusegar, Director of Parks Recreation & Forestry
Village of Cottage Grove 210 Progress Drive Suite 2
Cottage Grove, WI 53527
Or to: email@example.com
January 5, 2018